As pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies increase their levels of external development and manufacturing, the need for unbiased information to support strategic business decisions continues to grow. In this report, ISR provides pharmaceutical companies and contract manufacturers a comprehensive analysis of current outsourcing trends and practices, in addition to a quantitative analysis of CMO service quality across a series of 27 performance attributes specific to large molecule projects. In this Consumer Reports-style analysis, ISR presents data on 393 service encounters from 208 respondents who have been involved in outsourced biologic API projects in the past 18 months.
- Uncover which CMO attributes drive outsourcing partner selection for biologic API projects as well as the CMO attributes gaining in importance over the past year among industry peers
- Make a more educated purchase of CMO services by understanding which manufacturers best fit your company’s needs in addition to how individual CMOs have measured up to sponsor-peer expectations in similar projects
- Gain insight into CMO customer loyalty, an index based on customer satisfaction, likelihood to use again and likelihood to recommend, along with verbatim responses from customers regarding their experience
- Gain insight into sponsors’ outsourcing preferences and practices when it comes to selecting a CMO for an outsourced biologic manufacturing project
- Compare your company’s performance against its competitors specific to biologic API and related services by accessing performance evaluation information across 27 CMO attributes
- Uncover your own delivery strengths and weaknesses and use the information to develop targeted messaging that effectively portrays your company’s strengths and differentiates its service offerings based on areas of strong performance