Point of Care Diagnostics - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
The US Point-Of-Care (POC) diagnostics market is a dynamic market that is expected to grow through 2021. In the US, economic softness and reforming healthcare expenditures has impacted the adoption rate of POC devices in decentralized settings; the POC market is posting conservative growth in the US. The driving concept in sustenance of POC testing is to bring testing nearer to the patient and results swiftly to the physician to accelerate diagnosis and subsequent treatment. POC testing allows for faster clinical decisions in emergency departments, physicians’ offices, ambulances, patient homes, and in the field. Because of its convenience, and potential to reduce hospital time stay, testing at POC has risen in popularity in recent years in the US.
A number of factors, such as the rising incidences of lifestyle diseases such as cardiac diseases and diabetes, the rising usage of home-based POC devices, expansion of test menu, and technological advancements in molecular testing and lab-on-chip technology are stimulating the demand for POC testing. While POC testing is one of the most active segments within the in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) industry, the rate of POC testing adoption will be moderated by the requirement for regulatory compliance, the pressure to control cost, and the need to demonstrate clear clinical-cost benefits of POC testing over central laboratory testing. Moving forward, in light of increasing demand for POC testing, manufacturing companies are racing to make the next-generation POC platforms faster, easier, and more reliable.
This report provides insight into the adoption trends, market dynamics, competitive landscape, marketed and pipeline products, current and emerging players, as well as market outlooks in the US. The report identifies the unmet needs in the market while providing an understanding of physicians’ perceptions in using and evaluating the adoption of different types of POC devices.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 4 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future POC diagnostics market outlook in the US? What trends are affecting the US market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the POC space in the US?
- What are the key, high growth markets that IVD manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the POC tests currently on the market? How will emerging technologies such as molecular POC assays fulfill these unmet needs?
- What are the key factors influencing a physician to use POC tests? What is physician perception and market outlook of POC devices?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of POC devices?
Reasons to buy
- “What Do Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.