As pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies increase their levels of external development and manufacturing, the need for unbiased information to support strategic business decisions continues to grow. In this report, ISR provides pharmaceutical companies and contract manufacturers a comprehensive analysis of current outsourcing trends and practices, in addition to a quantitative analysis of CMO service quality across a series of 26 performance attributes specific to small molecule projects. In this Consumer Reports-style analysis, ISR presents data on 541 service encounters from 199 respondents who have been involved in outsourced small molecule API projects in the past 18 months.
What you will learn
- Which outsourcing models are drug innovators currently using and whether the outsourcing approach will evolve over the next three years
- Learn which supplier attributes are driving CMO selection and which attributes are gaining in importance when it comes to outsourced small molecule primary manufacturing services
- Which contract manufacturers have exceeded expectations on CMO performance metrics and which have fell short of sponsor expectations
How you can use this report
- Compare contract manufacturers on their performance specific to small molecule API and related services by accessing performance evaluation information across 26 key attributes
- Gain insight into sponsor best practices for small molecule manufacturing projects
- Benchmark your company’s RFP and supplier selection processes
Make a more educated purchase of CMO services by understanding which CMOs best fit your company’s needs as well as how individual CMOs have measured up to sponsor-peer expectations on similar projects.
Uncover your own-and competitor- delivery strengths and weaknesses and use the information to develop targeted messaging that effectively portrays your company’s strengths and differentiates its service offerings based on areas of high performance.