Women’s Health - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
The Women’s Health medical devices market encompasses treatments for conditions that are particular to the adult female anatomy. This includes abnormal uterine conditions, such as menorrhagia and uterine fibroids, as well as pelvic disorders such as female stress urinary incontinence. Moreover, there is a sub-segment of the female population that no longer desire to become pregnant, and seek permanent solutions to avoid conception.
In recent years, minimally invasive techniques and technologies have been developed to treat these conditions as alternatives to conventional surgery; these technologies are expected to see increased adoption in the coming years due to increased physician and patient awareness as well as an increasing number of women who are proactively seeking treatment for these embarrassing, and sometimes debilitating, conditions. However, recent lawsuits related to safety issues with some of these devices that are receiving widespread media attention, particularly in the urinary incontinence sling market, have caused some women to be skeptical of these newer technologies.
The technologies covered in this report include global endometrial devices, endometrial resection devices, uterine fibroid embolization agents, female sterilization devices, and female urinary incontinence slings. The report provides insights into the competitive landscape, the marketed and pipeline products, the current and emerging players and market analysis of the different device segments within the women’s health market in the US. The report also provides insight into the unmet needs and an understanding of physician perceptions of the market. This report is built using data and information sourced from secondary sources and primary research interviews with leading gynecologists, urogynecologists, interventional radiologists, and general surgeons, with in-house analysis conducted by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 4 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future women’s health market outlook in the US? What trends are affecting this market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with women’s health devices currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook for women’s health devices?
- What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption of newer technologies?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the US women’s health market?
- Overview of women’s health, including anatomy, epidemiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines and modalities.
- Annualized total women’s health market revenue from 2011-2021 including adoption patterns in the US.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, and implications for the women’s health market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and women’s health devices in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the US women’s health market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, barriers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- “What Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading gynecologists, urogynecologists, interventional radiologists, and general surgeons from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.